Tokyo is a city full of non-stop fun, offering a fascinating blend of super-advanced technology and trends along with ancient traditions from past centuries. From futuristic robots to ornate temples and everything in between, the Japanese capital will always bewilder, amaze and delight visitors. Visiting this city is truly exciting and unforgettable, as you are swept up in the modern and fast paced chaos and immersed in its quirky yet profound culture.
Tokyo can be an expensive to travel in and it would be very easy to spend a lot of money here, especially with the amount of luxury hotels, fine dining restaurants and high end shopping. However, if you are visiting Tokyo on a smaller budget don’t despair. There are actually a lot of fantastic free activities that you can enjoy in the city. With a little bit of research and resourcefulness, you can have a great time in Tokyo without spending a single yen.
Here are some ideas for free activities in Tokyo to get you started:
- Take a look at the elegant traditional Japanese flower arrangements, known as ikebana, at the Yasukui Shrine, which is a 141 year old memorial dedicated to Japanese soldiers who have died in combat.
- On Sundays there are 250 free bicycles offered for pedalling around the cycling course that encircles the Imperial Palace. This was the home of the emperor and the imperial family and in its heyday it was the largest in the world.
- Take a walk around the Tsukiji Fish Market, the largest seafood market in the world. Here you will find many different stalls selling seawood, dried mushrooms, knives, tea and much more. Even if you don’t buy anything, it’s quite an interesting place to walk around.
- Visit the Sensoji, the oldest temple in Tokyo. It was founded in the 7th century and it is believed that the smoke from the incense at the temple has healing powers.
- Walk through the Harajuku neighbourhood and check out the colourful fashions of the young people who like to congregate there.
These are just a few great free activities that you can enjoy during your trip to Tokyo.
Book Your Flight to Tokyo For Cheaper With Flight Centre
When you are planning your budget getaway to Tokyo be sure to contact Flight Centre travel agency to ensure that you get the best cheap flights and travel deals. Your Flight Centre travel agent will be able to help you choose the best travel packages for Tokyo, so that you can get the optimum price on your flight to Tokyo, accommodation, transport and any other activities.
You can also take advantage of the Lowest Airfare Guarantee offered by Flight Centre. If you find a cheaper flight from Hong Kong to Tokyo offered anywhere else, all you need to do is bring it in to your Flight Centre travel agent. Not only will they beat the price by $10, they will also issue you a $100 voucher for future travel. This means that your trip to the exciting capital of Japan will be much more affordable than you might think.