Travelling brings joy to the heart and soul of a person. The monotonous lifestyle needs to be given a break and at times, travelling is the best way to revive one’s spirit. Yet, it is possible to travel to a place and face serious consequences, owing to lack of precaution on one’s part. To make a visit memorable, it is essential to take a few steps to prevent being harassed or suffer from any loss of any kind. If proper care is taken, the travel will give its full worth. It is important to plan the travel though.
Tips to have a safe travel:
- Planning:It is important to plan the entire holiday as early as possible. One must keep everything in order at home. One can leave his will and other legal papers such as insurance papers with close relatives or friends who can be trusted. One must try to stay in large hotels as they provide better security.
- Insuring: It is also important to make sure that one’s property value covers the losses incurred during the travel. For this purpose, insurance on property must be checked before leaving. Health insurance is another aspect which needs to be looked into before making the trip. It is possible that medical bills abroad are more expensive than expected. As such, one’s health insurance can cover up the expenses.
- Awareness: One can always stand out as a tourist. It is best not to stand out among the crowd. One can be easily be targeted. One must keep his stuff close as there can be a tendency to lose or forget things while travelling. And acting like a visitor can invite unnecessary trouble as it makes one vulnerable. One must also keep money purse as safely as possible. A lot of pickpockets and snatchers wait to pounce on innocent travelers.
- Keep away from strangers: It is best to keep away from strangers in a foreign country. Gambling on the roadside is not suggested at all. Most of the tourists are tricked in to losing their money in such games. One must never entertain strangers who ask for help or assistance of any kind. One must also never buy goods or products from stranger even at a cheap rate.
- Must not keep money in a single place: It is best to keep one’s money at different places instead of one. If money is lost from one’s purse or wallet, at least there will be back-up at other places- bags or suitcases. It is best advised not to carry much money at a time but avail ATMs to take out money as required.
- All the documents must be scanned: The passport, insurance papers and other legal documents have to be scanned and emailed to one self, in case the documents are lost. One can also make digital copies of the documents.
If one keeps the above facts in mind before travelling, it can be assured that the trip will be safe. Travelling can be fun but one must never invite trouble for oneself.
Author’s Bio: Mary James is a proficient author and writes articles on travel and tourism. In this article Mary has written on Travel Myanmar for the website 7daystour.com.