Sandy Paradise – Where Are the Best Beaches and Islands Around Boracay?
Boracay is a beautiful tropical island that is located within the Philippines, only an hour’s flight away from Manila. There are more than 7,000 islands in the Philippines and when it comes to beaches, Boracay is considered the cream of the crop. It offer gorgeous powdery white sand and crystal clear warm waters, perfect for snorkelling and swimming. There are also plenty of luxurious hotels as well as cheaper accommodation available within throwing distance from the sea and many tour companies offer fun excursions, jet skiing, diving, boat trips and many other fun ways that you can enjoy yourself.
With so many beaches to choose from in Boracay, how you do know where you should spend your day soaking up the sunshine and frolicking in the waves? Here are some recommendations on where to visit for the best beach holidays in Boracay.
The Best Beaches in Boracay
What are some of the best beaches that Boracay has to offer? Here are a few of the top destinations where you can enjoy sun, sand and surf after arriving on your cheap flights:
- Puka Beach – This beach is located along the northern tip of the island and is relatively quiet and empty. It is strewn with small puka shells, which are collected and turned into jewellery. There are also a few restaurants and drink vendors here.
- White Beach – This is the main beach that most visitors to Boracay come for. It is a picture-perfect stretch of white sand and blue water and it is where all of the prime hotels and resorts are located. At night, many of the restaurants will host fire dancing shows and seafood barbeques.
- Ilig-Iligan Beach – At this beach, you can take a short walk inland to visit the Bat Caves, where you will see many incredible species of bats.
The Best Islands in Boracay
Boracay also has a number of beautiful islands that can be easily reached by boat when you arrive on your flight to Boracay. Why not take the chance to explore a few of them, including:
- Palawan Island – This gorgeous island boasts a number of great attractions, including the Puerto Princesa Underground River – which is considered one of the New Wonders of Nature.
- Palaui Island – This beautiful and unspoiled island is a National Marine Reserve and it has been used as a filming location for Survivor. You can take a hike from Punta Verde to the southeast tip of Palaui, which is a 3.5 or 4 hour journey through stunning scenery.
- Siargao Islands –This beautiful tear drop shaped island is located only 800 kilometres southeast of Manila. Its coastline has a number of intricate reefs and white, sandy beaches and Siargao Island also has the largest mangrove forest reserves in Mindanao.
These are just a few of the best beaches and islands in Boracay. Why not ask your travel agency HK for more information when you are booking your trip?