Sometimes, you just need to get away from civilisation for a while. Turn off your smartphone, stop checking your emails, and relax away from all the stresses of normal life. These eight amazing destinations have to be at the top of our list for ticking those boxes.
- Tristan da Cunha, South Atlantic
- This is the remotest habited island on Earth, meaning the place people live which is farthest away from anything else
- 1,750 miles from South Africa and 2,088 miles from South America
- Population of around 260 people
- Nightingale Island, Inaccessible Island and Gough Island are nearby wildlife reserves which are not habitable, but which you can visit for a quick trip
- Home to rockhopper penguins, spectacled petrel (an endangered species), and fur seals