HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Prime Minister of UAE and emir of Dubai said, “Most of people talk, we do things. They plan, we achieve. We are living proof that when human beings have the courage and commitment to transform a dream into reality, there is nothing that can stop them. Dubai is a living example of that.” And this powerful statement sums up the essence and energy of Dubai completely.
One of the reasons why Dubai is so popular in the international domain is because it is a great holiday destination. While there endless opportunities to enjoy this holiday destination, here are the top 5 things to do in Dubai.
Burj Khalifa at the Top
- One of the best known skyscrapers of world, let alone Dubai?
- The tallest man-made structure in the world?
- A structure that soars to the sky in more than 2720 feet of glory and
- A must-see on your list when you visit Dubai?
The Burj Khalifa of course. There are quite a few things that you can enjoy when you visit the Burj Khalifa such as:
- Sky lobbies
- Hotels of various kinds
- A spectacular view of the Dubai fountain and
- The Burj Khalifa Park.
The one thing that you must do while you are visiting this iconic building is to go right on top and enjoy the observation deck. It is called ‘At the Top’ and truly you will feel like you are on top of the world because it sits at the height of 1483 feet. You can get a good look at downtown Dubai and it has an augmented reality experience as well.
Dhow Cruise Dinner
A dinner cruise Dubai is one of the best ways in which you can enjoy this fabulous location. While Dubai is certainly known for its sand and entertainment opportunities, you also need to go for a dinner cruise because it affords you a very different view of Dubai. Choose your service operator really well because a good quality service operator will give you:
- An authentic dhow experience which could encompass a traditional wooden boat and floating restaurant
- Plenty of entertainment opportunities while you are on board – music, dance and other performances and
- A fabulous menu because food is one of the biggest attractions while you are on a dhow cruise.
A dinner cruise in Dubai will see you enjoying traditional Arabian fare and sinking your teeth into some succulent contemporary menus as well. All of which can be done while you are floating down the waterways.
Of course Dubai is synonymous with deserts and therefore a Desert Safari is a must do activity. There are plenty of things that you can do while you are on a desert safari:
- Choose the time that suits you the best – morning, evening or even overnight
- Camel rides, quad bikes, 4×4 wheel drives, dune bashing and so many other categories of rides
- The opportunity to enjoy traditional Arabic cuisine including dates, coffee and even a ‘shisha’.
A Desert Safari is fabulous for the adventurous spirit in you and you really should not give this activity a miss.
Another wonderful way to experience Dubai is to hire a Fishing Charter. Again, there are quite a few service operators here and you could find out if a Fishing Charter company gives you experiences and facilities such as:
- Night fishing
- Provision of the best quality fishing gear and bait
- The opportunity to go snorkeling
- The menu of the food that they will serve while you are on board and
- Even deep sea cruises that can be a very fascinating experience as well.
Going fishing is an exciting, calming and unique experience when you talk about doing it in Dubai.
The chances are pretty high that you choose a holiday destination because it offers you a wonderful beach to cavort in. Dubai is no different! Therefore, our list has to end with the fact that Dubai offers some amazing beaches for your enjoyment. The JBR beach is one of the most popular ones. You could also check out beaches such as the Jumeirah Open Beach and Bu Qtair Beach too. Kite surfing, traditional cuisine, swimming, water sports and a chance to tan yourself under the Dubai sun are just some of the ways in which you can make fabulous memories for yourself on your holiday in Dubai.